This course teaches how to develop advanced Java applications optionally using Tomcat and notepad.
Early labs involve building JavaBeans and collection classes that are used to construct Servlets and JSPs in later labs. The final labs demonstrate uses of Servlets, JSPs and other components in creating well-defined Web Applications using the Model View Controller design pattern. Together these labs gives student practical hands-on experience in creating and deploying advanced Java technologies.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the eBusiness architecture.
- Learn how to develop JavaBeans for use with JSP.
- Learn the various architectural models for developing JSP and Servlet applications.
- Learn the details of how and when the Servlet is loaded, methods to receive information and can generate HTML.
- Learn how Servlets can be used for database connectivity.
- Learn to build multi-threaded JSP and Servlet application.
- Learn Enterprise JavaBeans
Collections JavaBeans JDBC Servlets JSPs 1/2/3 N Tier Architecture Threads EJBs Security Issues Networking Distributed Objects (including RMI) JNI
This course is intended for programmers who are familiar with Java and who want to learn about the advanced features of Java and the server side programming.
A good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming using Java.